A well maintained automotive vehicle is more fuel efficient, reliable, and will last longer, making the most of your automotive investment. Our expert ASE certified technicians are trained to perform diagnostic and repair services on all makes and models, and we can take care of your automotive manufacture recommended maintenance services as well.
Count on us for all your major and minor mechanical repairs. We are Pennsylvania State Inspection experts on cars and trucks. Some of our many automotive services include:
• Oil Changes
• Brake Services
• Air Conditioning Services
• Shock & Strut Services
• Exhaust Services
• Computerized Diagnostics
• Check Engine Light
• Wheel Alignments
• Transmission Service
• Electrical Services
• Suspension Services
• Tire Services
• And more
A thorough visual inspection of battery and case condition:
• We perform an Electrical Diagnosis and Repair.
• Check to ensure your battery can still deliver adequate power, and replace it if necessary.
• Electrical cable connections are examined and adjusted, if necessary.
• Engine diagnostics may be necessary to troubleshoot sophisticated systems or complex electrical problems.
• Power Window and Door Lock Repair.
Batteries usually last between three and seven years, so it's a smart idea to replace yours every four years as a safety measure. Have your vehicle's electrical system checked immediately if:
• Your vehicle won't start - you turn your key and hear clicking, grinding, or no sound at all.
• Interior or dashboard lights do not illuminate properly.
• Your vehicle runs well, but the headlights dim while you're traveling at low speeds, or idling at a stop.
Rough engine idle, engine pings or knocks on acceleration, poor gas mileage or hard engine starts?
These are all common symptoms that indicate it’s time for engine diagnostic, tune-up services or repairs to your vehicle. Automotive engine repair services encompass a wide range of options depending on the length of time between services or a sudden breakdown of a component that stops the engine cold.
Typically, car repair and maintenance services encompass the following areas:
• Engine diagnosis and repair
• Oil and oil filter change
• Lubrication services
• Spark plug replacement
• Air filters
• Fuel filters
• Crank case vent filters
• Vapor canister filters
• PCV valves
• Ignition wires
• Timing belts
• Transmission service
• Radiator service
• Oxygen sensors
• Brake fluid Power steering fluid
• And more...
The automotive technicians at Dixon Automotive are very experienced with clutch service and replacement. They can check your car’s clutch and see whether the slip can be fixed with a basic adjustment or if you need a new clutch.
With time, all car brakes need attention. At Dixon Automotive we will diagnose your vehicle's brake problems and offer brake repair solutions to ensure your safety.
During the brake check, we will check if your vehicle needs brake service, such as:
• Installation of new brake pads or shoes
• Resurfacing or replacement of brake rotors or drums
• Brake fluid change
• Brake bleeding
• Replacement of brake lines, hoses and other brake components